Friday, October 31, 2008

21 weeks

The latest visit to the doctor was pretty uneventful, in a good way. Baby is measuring about 21 cm long, about the size of a carrot according to the weekly BabyCenter e-mails I get, and constantly moving around. Jason has been able to feel the kicks and has been talking to the baby. My favorite was last night, “Hansel, this is your father,” in his best Darth Vater voice. I’m sure this kid will love hearing about that when he/she’s a little older! I’ve gained about 3kg (about 7-8lbs) so far and the belly is starting to show. Here is a picture for those of you who have been asking.






(alien baby waving- see arm/hand at the top, head to the right)

Next week we go for our “big ultrasound” to check the heart chambers and make sure there are no defects. I want to keep the baby’s sex a surprise so we you’ll have to stay posted until March to find out if it is a Hansel or a Gretel. I’ve started looking at names but haven’t really narrowed it down yet.


YAWNING BABY




Aside from the baby-growing, Jason and I have been pretty busy over the past month. We went to Oktoberfest when his friend Tony was visiting in September. That was quite a spectacle and a lot of fun- even completely sober.







...A few weeks ago we went to Prague.



No comments: